The importance of Voting:
The word “democracy” is Greek for “Government by the people.” The act of voting is at the heart of democracy. It is making a choice on the kind of government that you have.
Voting connects citizens with their political process. Voting helps choose our leaders. The simple act of marking a ballot paper tells our leaders what we think about decisions that affect our lives. Voting connects us to one another as citizens. By expressing our point of view, we help our democracy work. By agreeing or disagreeing with our leaders we show that the political system can accept differing points of view and can resolve them.
A democratic community can only survive if its citizens see participation in the political process as a duty and a responsibility. By Voting, each citizen participates in a process that might improve our country.
What Ireland needs is greater participation in the democratic process, especially by young people in the political process. We also need to persuade every citizen that taking part in the system is not a luxury – it is your duty as an Irish citizen.
Having outlined how important it is to vote, here are just some reasons
Why you should support Michael Lowry:
- I have actively addresses the urgent need for job creation and enterprise support.
- I continue to fight for access to improved hospital and healthcare services.
- I have consistently worked for funding to provide properly resourced pre-school, primary, post primary and special needs education.
- I assist with directing adequate Garda resources to the region to deal with crime and anti-social behaviour.
- I represent the rights of the farming community, ensuring the viability of the farm family and rural economy.
- I am constantly addresses your planning obstacles and assists those in need of housing.
- I assist and supports community and voluntary groups to achieve their plans and objectives.
- And most importantly, I am not just a face of Elections; I am constantly a feature in your community, striving to improve your lives and those of your family.